Want your social media strategy to work like a well-oiled machine? It all comes down to setting up your daily social media system and following it.
It may take some time to create and prepare, but once you have a good system in place, following it will be a piece of cake.
Here is your quick start checklist that can help you create your own social media system.
Part 1 Goal Setting
Before you ever get to your daily tasks, you need to know what your goals and objectives are. They will give direction to your strategy.
- Set your business goals and objectives. Visualize them.
- Write out the daily steps you will need to take to reach these objectives.
- Determine what daily, weekly, and monthly social media disciplines will help you reach these goals. Write them down.
- Write down the areas that need to be improved in order for you to reach your objectives.
- Set a deadline for each of the objectives
Part 2 Mapping Out Your Social Media Tasks
Once you have completed all the planning and visualization, it's time to create a calendar with all of your daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for all of the networks, and map out your day.
Your Daily Social Media Checklist
- Reply to all comments
- Schedule a post to go out at least 3 times a day.
- See who's shared your content and thank them.
- Act as the page and like, comment, and interact with relevant people and content.
- Pay attention to mentions and address any questions or concerns.
- Follow the people who mentioned you or those who are relevant to your business or industry.
- Schedule posts to share.
- If you have a new blog post, schedule it out to go out 3 times a day. Make sure each tweet has a different call to action.
- Pin your new blog post on pinterest and tweet the link.
- Make new connections and respond to Influencers' posts.
- Send a thank you note to a few new followers.
- Do a keyword search and follow the top 100 people.
- Post at least one time a day. You can post tips, blog posts, inspirational posts, etc.
- Comment or other people's relevant posts.
- Do a search for popular hashtags to find new people to follow.
- See who has liked your posts and like one of their posts in return.
- Write a thank you notes to those who have shared your content.
- Write a personal/direct message to new followers with a clear call to action.
- Make sure to pin at least 5 images per day. They should be a mix of your people's content.
- Like at least 5 posts.
- Repin 5-10 posts.
- See who has repinned your pins and thank them.
- Visit group boards and pin to them for extra exposure.
- Respond to all comments.
- Thank the people who have shared your content.
- Share your content in industry specific communities.
- Interact with other people in your industry related groups.
- +1 relevant people, or those who have shared your content.
- Approve all new connections.
- Visit industry-relevant groups. Engage and volunteer answers.
- Update your status.