Have you been ignoring LinkedIn?
Let me guess... your Facebook page is smokin' & your Twitter is going pretty well too.
You're even taking advantage of all that Google+ has to offer -- Hangouts, Circles and all the rest.
But what about LinkedIn?
With 225 million users, LinkedIn is the largest professional social network in the world, according to a new WhoIsHostingThis? infographic.
The communication style may not be what you're used to on websites like Facebook & Twitter, but there are lots of ways to use Linkedin to:
- get noticed
- make new connections
- become an influential player in your niche
This infographic has 6 easy LinkedIn strategies you can start using today.
Double Your Number of LinkedIn Connections in Just 5 Minutes per Day
Only about a third of LinkedIn members log in every day.
Here are some tips for boosting your activity on LinkedIn:
- Update your status every day
- Comment on updates from companies you follow
- Share updates from your connections
- Send an invite for a new connection at least once a day
Make it Personal
Always include a personalized greeting when you send a connection request.
Here's how to write a genuine message that will catch someone's attention:
- Describe yourself as you would in person
- Tell them why you admire their work
- Keep it short
- Avoid cliches
LinkedIn's alumni search feature helps you find connections from high school & college.
Other ways to reach out on LinkedIn include:
- Making it easy for people to contact you
- Joining LinkedIn groups in your niche
81% of LinkedIn members belong to at least on group.
Use your updates to get your network to engage.
When posting, make sure you:
- Share content that is relevant to your niche & industry
- Ask questions when you share an article or blog post to get your connections to respond
Endorse People You Know
An endorsement is a great way to show someone you respect & value their skills.
Here are some endorsement best practices:
- Endorse others without expecting an endorsement in return
- Endorse people you know for skills you admire
- Thank those who endorse you
Promote Your LinkedIn Profile
Tell people about your LinkedIn profile -- online & off.
Post your profile:
- on your store window
- in your marketing materials
- on your business card
- in promotional materials at events