Updated on September 24, 2015:
The following terms and conditions for Guest Bloggers (the “Guest Blogger Agreement”) govern Your use of postplanner.com (the “Site”) and any services made available to You by Post Planner, Inc. (“Post Planner,” “We”, “Us” and “Our”) on or through the Site (the “Services”) and any contributions You make to the Post Planner Site ("Contributions"). For purposes of the Guest Blogger Agreement, “You" and "Contributor” means the person using the Site or the Services or providing Contributions which are defined as but not limited to ("writing original content", "writing or creating exclusive articles" and or "curating or creating non-exclusive digital images for publication on the Post Planner blog"). If You are using the Site or Services or Contributing on behalf of Your company (or another entity), then “You” means Your company (or such other entity) and its officers, members, agents, successors and assigns.
Contributor may submit any number of original, exclusive articles and non-exclusive digital images for publication on the Post Planner blog. In order to maintain an active status as a Post Planner guest blogger, we suggest that you submit at least one post per month. Post Planner reserves the right to reject any original article for any reason.
You also agree to the following in conjunction with the standards and requirements set below:
- You irrevocably transfer and assign all rights to your articles.
- You will receive a promotional author byline in each article.
- You will not receive compensation for an article now or in the future unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Any request by you to use the content from the article must be made to the editorial team in writing.
- You indemnify Post Planner from any potential legal liability/damage that may arise from your published articles.
- You are prohibited from benefiting financially from third party companies or individual people in exchange for writing articles about such companies' or peoples' products, services, apps or anything else they may ask you to write about or link to.
Post Planner Guest Post Standards
Our readership trusts that we’ll maintain a certain standard for the content posted to our blog. Therefore, we:
- Will not accept posts that cover basic-level information found all over the web.
- Will not accept posts that lack focus, have loose sentence structure or that do not have a clear call to action.
- Will not accept poorly written posts that contain bad grammar or punctuation errors.
Post Planner Requirements
Post Planner readers expect to find valuable, useful, and actionable content within the blog that offers insight and inspiration within their marketing efforts. Our guest bloggers are experts within their fields. We expect that the material written will educate, inform and inspire action within our readers.
- Be creative. There are plenty of posts on how to build a Facebook page or how to create a cover photo. Think about how you can present those topics in a new and unique way.
- Are there social media tips, tools or tactics that you have applied to improve your online marketing? Share your results and challenge our audience to implement this new strategy.
- Do you feel strongly about something happening within social media? Dive into the specifics, but make sure you have supporting documentation. We’re not interested in wild accusations or unsubstantiated claims.
- Think of innovative ideas or social media topics that haven’t been covered on other blogs. Say something new.
- Research our past posts to get acquainted with our topics. What haven’t we written about? Offer our readers a fresh perspective or new way to use a specific tool or tactic.
- We like interesting posts and so do our readers. Incorporate a metaphor, story or analogy that draws readers in and creates stimulating conversation.
Post Planner Content
Our blog’s focus is on the social media marketing professional, small business owner, and entrepreneur.
- Make sure your post topic fits into the realm of social media with a particular slant towards Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google Plus, and Instagram success skills needed to thrive online.
- Stay focused. Make sure your post is relevant to the topic at hand and clear in the value the reader will receive.
- Tie your post into the mindset of the social media marketing professional, small business owner, and entrepreneur, no matter the topic. Make certain that you clearly convey how your post will help to improve their business.
Guest Posting Basics
- Our audience is social media and online marketing savvy. Don’t speak down to them. Assume they’re already marketing their business online and dispel with the basics.
- Include a small paragraph about you and your business and include links to your social sites as well as your website or blog.
- We love to link back to relevant posts on the Post Planner blog. Please add one or two links within your article. This includes any data, statistics or sources you mention.
- We also encourage linking out to relevant sources. Feel free to add external links as long as they substantiate your writing or provide additional value to the reader.
- Affiliate links are never ok and will be removed.
- We will take care of creating a graphic to match your post, so there is no need to send one in. However, please add screenshots or embed social media posts as you see fit.
- Your posts should be submitted as a Google Doc. If you submit in Word, we’ll ask you to kindly re-submit. This will create a delay in the process, so be mindful of everyone’s time and energy.
- All articles must be new and not submitted anywhere else across the web. We will run each article through Copyscape to ensure it hasn’t been published anywhere else.
- Your guest post will be exclusively published on Post Planner.