Surprise, surprise -- I'm a huge Mark Zuckerberg fan! I love watching him mature & lead Facebook.
But where did Zuckerberg come from?
How did he end up at Harvard University & then the helm of the most powerful social network on the planet?
You may think "The Social Network" taught you everything you need to know about this low-key, somewhat elusive billionaire. But Zuckerberg claims very little of that movie is factual.
He was asked about the film during a recent Facebook Q&A, he said:
I think the reality is that writing code and then building a product and building a company is not a glamorous enough thing to make a movie about, so you can imagine that a lot of this stuff they had to embellish or make up.
They went out of their way in the movie to try to get some interesting details correct like the design of the office, but on the overarching plot … they just kind of made up a bunch of stuff that I found kind of hurtful.
So what's the real story, Mark?
Inquiring minds want to know...
How to Start a Social Network: The Life of Mark Zuckerberg [Infographic]
For example, did you know "the Zuck":
- was born in 1984 (now I feel old!)
- is a huge Star Wars fan
- built a program to connect his computer to his father's at age 10
- started learning code at age 11
- had a Star Wars-themed Bar Mitzvah
- was captain of his high school fencing team
- could read Latin, Greek & Hebrew before college
- built a program that learns your musical tastes (and turned down a million dollar offer from Microsoft)
- built theFacebook.com in a week
- received a $75 million buyout offer from MTV
- started a company called Wirehog & almost ditched Facebook
- turned down a $1.5 billion offer from Viacom
- learned Mandarin in his spare time
- started Internet.org
Helluva life so far, right?!
And it has only just begun.... I can't wait to see what he does next!
>> Click to Tweet <<