Yes, yes, yes -- everyone and their mom is complaining about the non-stop changes to Facebook!
But smart marketers know complaints get you nowhere.
Instead, they look for creative, agile ways to be successful.
Like the Facebook Call-to-Action button on pages!!
The button is one of Facebook's coolest new tools for page managers -- and it’s a winner!
According to Facebook:
Page admins can select from a group of call-to-action buttons — like Shop Now or Sign Up — to add to the top of their Page.
Let’s take a look at Facebook's Call-to-Action features so you can feel good about adding it to your own page!Whoa! Here’s how @PegFitzpatrick is using Facebook's Call-to-Action button to blow up her book sales! @PostPlanner http://bit.ly/1Aigp73Click to Tweet
How to Use Facebook's Call-to-Action Button to Bring In the Benjamins
Facebook provides 7 calls-to-action you can use on your button. They include:
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
Here's what the Call-to-Action button looks like on your page (Facebook provides stats in the sidebar for how many people click the button):
You can easily edit your Call-to-Action button by clicking it to access this drop-down menu:
Use your Call-to-Action button to link anywhere you’d like to drive traffic.
For example, I used the "Shop Now" call-to-action to link to my book website.
What’s the smartest CTA for your marketing objectives?
You'll have to decide that. But you can definitely use different calls-to-action at different times to add variety to your business page.
On my cover photo, I used text and an arrow to call attention to my Call-to-Action button.
Now that you understand the basics, here are some ideas for calls-to-action that could help drive traffic to your website and boost your bottom line:
- Book Now *for consulting calls or intro appointments*
- Contact Us *for brick-and-mortar businesses to grab local customers*
- Shop Now *for any service company or to drive traffic to your Etsy business*
- Sign Up *to grow your essential email list (this should be your default!)*
- Watch Video *could be the gold-standard choice to tell your story*
You'll also need an awesome Facebook cover photo if you expect your Call-to-Action button to be successful.
Here are some tips for creating winning Facebook cover images every time:
- Keep your page fresh by changing your cover at least once a month.
- Use this great social media real estate to share your latest marketing campaign.
- Create collages of user generated content to feature your Facebook fans.
- Click the cover photo after you load it and add a description with text & a relevant link.
- Be creative but not overly promotional.
What ways can you think of to use your Facebook Call-to-Action button?
I’d love to hear them in the comments below!