Remember the shear panic you felt when the buzzer went off in the old "Operation" game?
I know I do -- still scares me to this day!
And I could never get the dang "spare ribs" out without hearing that buzzer!
I bring this up because I have some ideas I want to share with you -- ideas I pulled from the folks at Socially Stacked.
Fix Your Facebook Page w/ a Simple "Operation"
Below are the key takeaways -- along with some embellishments of my own!
Get Seen: Use Your Cover Photo
- Express something important about your brand
- Include a clear call to action (yes this is allowed now!)
- Remember: a news feed story shows to fans when you add a new cover
- Include a URL in the description whenever you change your cover photo
Get Smarter: Utilize Insights
- Check your Insights at least once per month
- Monitor to see what posts are performing best
- Leverage Insights for Ad targeting
Stand Out: Enhance Status Updates
- Include a photo with many status updates
- Ask Questions & Fill-in-the-Blanks
- Follow the 70/20/10 rule
- Post as often as you can get engagement
Define Your Style: Have a Personality
- Educate all page admins on the communication style of your page
- Decide on a tone - fun, funny, informational, journalistic, etc.
- Be consistent
Be Mobile: Always Be Accessible
- More than half of Facebook users access FB on mobile only
- Ensure your page's 3rd party apps are accessible on mobile
- Shortstack recommends using QR codes (personally I think these are dead, but I may be wrong)
Get Engaged: Build Your Tribe
- Engage with all messages, notifications & comments
- Like your fans comments
- Respond to all questions -- even criticism
- Call fans by first name when responding
- Leave negative feedback on your page so others can see how you respond
Get Stronger: Feature Your Best Apps
- Make sure only your most important 3 apps show on your Timeline
- Use a Call to Action in your app thumbnail
- Keep apps up-to-date & relevant
Get There Faster: Utilize Facebook Ads
- Target users with ads to gain interested fans
- Use Sponsored Stories & Promoted Posts wisely
- Learn to use Power Editor (only for Advances users)
Don't Forget The Details: Leverage the About Section
- List your url first -- you don't need the 'http://'
- Fill out completely
- Be keyword mindful
- This is your "Elevator Pitch" -- use the space wisely
Be Flexible: Swap out your Profile Photo
- Shortstack recommends changing the profile photo to reflect the seasons (only do this if you are good at graphics -- otherwise leave it)
- Complement your cover photo -- be consistent with your branding