Facebook page or profile?
It's a question that STILL plagues Facebook marketers everywhere.
- What's best for my brand?
- Am I branding my business?
- Is it more about personal branding?
These are key questions when deciding whether to use a profile or page as your Facebook hub.
In this podcast, blogger Scott Ayres explains how pages & profiles are different -- and why one or the other (or both) might work best for your Facebook marketing strategy.
Yes, Facebook doesn't want you using your profile for commercial gain.
But that doesn't mean you can't talk about your company, industry & entrepreneurial pursuits on your personal profile. In fact, many of you should!
>> Click to Tweet <<
In this episode, Scott explains why.
Facebook Page vs. Profile: What's Best for Your Brand? [Podcast]
Don't worry, the situation isn't that complex.
Deciding whether to use a page or profile (or both) for your branding is easy. You just need to understand a few of the basics.
In the podcast, Scott explains:
- How Facebook pages & profiles differ
- What you can & cannot do with your Facebook profile
- History of Facebook pages & profiles
- How the best Facebook marketers use their profiles
- Why authenticity is important for marketing on Facebook
- Why you shouldn't name your Facebook profile after your business
- Limits of a Facebook profile
- How not to annoy Facebook friends when posting about business
- Why a page might be the best solution for your business
- Why a profile might be best for personal branding
- Why your local business needs a Facebook page
- Why Facebook pages are better than profiles for marketing
- Boosted Facebook posts
- Facebook ads
- Facebook Interest Lists
- Tips for posting on your profile
- Tips for posting on your business page
Articles & Other Interesting Mentions:
- Facebook Page vs. Profile: Which is Better for Your Personal Brand?
- Facebook Profile, Page or Both? Which is the Best Option for You?
- How to Use Your Facebook Profile for Networking (and to Get Famous)
- Facebook Terms and Policies
- 5 Reasons You Should NOT Start a Facebook Page for Your MLM Business
- Chris Brogan's Facebook profile
- Post Planner's Facebook page
- Robert Scoble's Facebook profile
- Mari Smith's Facebook profile
- Mari Smith's Facebook page
- Jon Loomer's Facebook page
- Facebook “Followers” vs. “Subscribers”: What’s in a Name?
- 50 Facebook Pages of Restaurants (ONE per State) to Learn Tips From
- How I Spent $20 on Boosted Posts and Generated $2,400 in Sales
- How to Spend Your First $200 After Creating a Page on Facebook
- Facebook Quietly Pulls Personal Promoted Posts From Profiles
- Facebook Ads
- Scott's Social Media Resources Interest List
- 100 Awesome Facebook Lists to Follow